As a condition of your Membership Agreement, you agree to uphold the Recordical Membership Code of Conduct while using the Studio, Unboxed, and Digital. Some Recordical spaces may have additional rules, which will be available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
The Code of Conduct applies both online and offline. This policy is a “living” document and is subject to refinement and expansion in the future.
We as members, contributors, and leaders of the Recordical community pledge to create a mutually supportive, respectful, harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of race, age, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, kind, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community.
Recordical is committed to creating a safe experience for everyone; regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion. We do not tolerate acts of hate or harassment in any form.
Our definition of harassment includes:
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking or following, whether digitally or in person.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
- Publication of non-harassing private communication.
Recordical encourages you to engage with other members with empathy and kindness.
- Be respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences
- Use welcoming and inclusive language
- Give and gracefully accept constructive feedback
- Focus on what’s best not just for ourselves as individuals, but for the overall community
Recordical prioritizes marginalized people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort. We reserve the right not to act on complaints regarding:
- “Reverse”-isms, including “reverse racism,” “reverse sexism,” and “cisphobia”.
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as “leave me alone,” “go away,” or “I’m not discussing this with you.”
- Communicating in a “tone” you don’t find congenial.
- Criticizing racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions.
Be Honest and Transparent
As a member of the Recordical Community, we ask that you do not participate anonymously or with a pseudonym. This is a community where we encourage our members to represent themselves authentically because we seek to foster open, honest, and supportive discussions with a wide variety of Recordical customers, partners, and developers. We rely on our community members to notify us of inconsistent behaviors with this Code of Conduct.
No Confidential Information
Do not share confidential information. While we want the Recordical Community to be open and transparent, it is not an appropriate forum for sharing confidential information.
If you are being harassed by a member of the Recordical community, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns regarding misconduct, please report the incident to our support team. If the person harassing you is on the team, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident. We will respond as promptly as we can.
This Code of Conduct applies to Recordical community spaces, but if you are being harassed by a member of the Recordical community outside our spaces, we still want to know about it. We will take all good-faith reports of harassment by Recordical community members seriously, including harassment outside our spaces and harassment that occurred at any time. The abuse team reserves the right to exclude people from the Recordical community based on their past behavior, including behavior outside of the Recordical community spaces and behavior towards people who are not in the Recordical community.
We reserve the right to reject any report we believe has been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of Recordical members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Recordical reserves the right to terminate a member’s subscription without a refund if their actions go against the Code of Conduct. Participants asked to stop harassing, or other negative behaviors are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in misconduct, we may take any action deemed appropriate, including expulsion from Recordical and identification of the participant as a harasser to other Recordical community members or the general public.